Another Tailgate Tucker recipe from one of our regular volunteers Liz, which makes enough to share around a crowd of hungry Fringe volunteers.
- 375g jumbo oats
- 400g strong cheddar cheese (grated)
- 125g butter (melted)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 tsp chilli powder (less or more)
- salt & pepper
Directions1. Heat oven to 180C or 160C fan. Grease and line a large shallow tray with baking parchment.
2. Grate the cheese, chop the rosemary, beat the eggs and melt the butter. Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together until they are well combined. Tip the mixture into the lined tray and press down with the back of a wooden spoon.
3. Bake for 35 minutes in a preheated oven. Cool and cut into smallish squares. Smaller bite-sized pieces are easier to eat outdoors while standing around the tailgate.