Can we help you?
Do you have an environmental policy in your work place that encourages you to engage, enhance and protect your local environment?
Would you like to develop opportunities for your team and employees to improve their communication, team working and leadership skills?
The Norwich Fringe Project offers business, volunteer work days, that allow organisations to contribute in helping to protect and enhance Norwich’s Countryside and Natural Areas. Participants will learn, through assorted activities on the day, some of the main countryside management techniques used to maintain/improve a site’s biodiversity/access.
By participating and being involved in these activities, your staff will gain an appreciation and understanding of the different habitats, their associated wildlife and the knowledge that they are helping to support and reconnect to these natural areas.
What we can offer
A days volunteering on one of our woodland, marshland or grassland sites that may well involve activities like cutting and burning scrub, controlling of invasive plant species, building stock fences, repairing pathways, hay raking, or repairing of boardwalks.
The project will provide:
- Risk assessments and any Insurance requirements,
- an explanation of the activities to be performed,
- expertise and insight of the local flora and fauna,
- Tools to be used, along with the correct PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to be worn (e.g. gloves, hard hats),
- instructions on how to use the work tools safely and effectively for the scheduled activities and,
- Tea, coffee and most importantly biscuits!!
In recognition of your work, your business will be presented a certificate highlighting your contribution to the management of Norwich’s Countryside and Natural Areas.
If your organisation would like to get involved or you have any further queries, then please contact us. Our contact details can be found here.